Kallola Short Film Contest on Child Rights 2019.On 5th August 2019, Aaina in collaboration with UNICEF Odisha, launched KALLOLA Season 5, a short film contest on child rights, on the theme of Nutrition - Every child’s right for a healthy life. The launch was attended by Dr. Monika O. Nielsen, Chief, UNICEF Odisha, Mr. Rashmi Ranjan Nayak, Joint Secretary , Department of WCD, Mr. Ananta Mohapatra, eminent theater personality and Mrs. Sneha Mishra, Secretary, Aaina. The contest this year is in collaboration with the Department of Women and Child Development, Government of Odisha and Alankar TV.
Key Messages of Kallola
• Kallola 2019 media launch event invited entries for short films (30, 60 and 90 seconds) on the theme Nutrition - Every child’s right for a healthy life.
• The sub themes announced were: 1) A balanced diet for growing children 2) Ending gender discrimination in nutrition
• Like every year, the contest is open for everyone - professional filmmakers, film students, amateurs or anyone with a good idea and filmmaking skills.
• Interested participants can log onto www.aaina.org.in/kallola for information on the contest, themes, rules and the entry form.
• The last date of receiving entries for the contest is 15th October 2019.
• The best five films (1st, 2nd, 3rd, Jury Choice & Children’s Choice Award) will be awarded at the award event.